Click here to discover more easy and delicious recipes!
I used to buy chocolate cookies from the stores. I tried different flavors and brands. But since the day I have discovered this recipe, everything changed. I started making the best chocolate cookies I have tasted until now.
I’m a big fan of dark chocolate and cocoa-based desserts and drinks: hot chocolate, chocolate and orange cakes, and the list goes on.
For chocolate lovers like me, I have an incredible recipe for you today: Easy homemade chocolate cookies with chocolate chips
Chocolate cookies: a love story:
I tasted these cookies for the first time during my trekking in the beautiful Saghro mountains range. It was a wonderful hike where we have enjoyed a variety of landscapes and natural wonders this region has to offer.
At the end of the first day of the trek, we have descended into a valley at the foot of the Quaouech summit, where our camp is set up for the night. A girl from the team was bringing these cookies, and she shared them with us.
Can you imagine, it was softly raining, breathtaking sceneries all around, and we were in a big camping tent devouring these incredible chocolate cookies. Isn’t it just too fantastic?
Chocolate cookies with chocolate chips are the most classic and perhaps the best cookies: They are super simple to prepare. What I love the most about them is that they are crispy on the surface and incredibly soft on the inside. If this is something you are desperately looking for, then go ahead and try out this recipe.
Easy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 200g dark chocolate (Ideally > 52% cacoa)
- 2 eggs
- 90g all-purpose flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- chocolate chips
- Start by putting the chocolate and olive oil to melt in the microwave or in a bain-marie
- In a large bowl, add the brown and granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk away.
- Now gradually incorporate the melted chocolate mixture while whisking.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix them well until they are perfectly combined.
- Now add the mixture of dry ingredients into the chocolate paste, and mix with a spatula until everything is well incorporated
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then form medium balls of the dough on top of it.
- Bake your cookies for 10 minutes in a preheated oven to 180 degrees
- It is important to separate the balls so that they have room to flatten well when cooking. You can make many batches if necessary.
- When your cookies are taken out of the oven, they will be still soft. Let them stand in the open air until they are hardened enough.
- Salt is a mandatory ingredient here, it is one of the secrets of this chocolate cookies recipe. Adding salt with chocolate helps emphasize its flavor and pops out an incredible taste.
How to store chocolate cookies
If you manage to hide a few cookies, you can store them either in the fridge or in the freezer. They keep perfectly well in an airtight box and also freeze very well in a ziplock bag.
Make sure to take them out a few minutes before tasting so that they regain their softness.
Serve your chocolate cookies!
If you are familiar with my blog posts, you will be sure that the combination of chocolate and orange is one of my favorite. Thus, I strongly recommend you either try these cookies with orange juice or add some orange zest to the dough before baking. In both cases, you will have a wonderful experience.
Chocolate is intense and it is perfectly balanced by the freshness of the orange.
Besides orange, these chocolate cookies go so well with both coffee and tea. I tried them with a lemon and ginger herbal tea too, and I sincerely loved the explosion of flavors it gave.
Let me know in the comments section what is your favorite drink to go with these chocolate cookies.
Enjoy my dears!
More easy recipes
If you love easy and tasty Moroccan and Meditarian food and you are looking for new recipes, consider trying the following ideas: