This lemon blueberry bread is one of the best and flavorful bread recipes I have made. I love both lemon and blueberries, and I find the mix incredibly delicious.
I tasted this cake at a brunch at my friend’s house. Since then, it became one of my favorite all-time bread recipes.
Click here to discover more easy and delicious bread and cakes recipes.
Blueberries: a must have ingredient for this bread
All of this makes blueberry recipes endless. From your early morning sunshine smoothie to a late sweet dessert at the end of the day, the combinations you can have are quite diverse!
Secrets to make a successful lemon blueberry bread
Here are a couple of things you should know about this lemon blueberry bread recipe:
It is important to use eggs at room temperature. It is a hint I have learned from my mom that gives me always great results.
One of the problems you can face when making this bread is the blueberries sinking to the bottom of the bread. It is physically normal, simply because that is how gravity works 😄
But do not worry, there is a hint to prevent this. All you will need to do is to toss the blueberries in flour before folding into the mixture.
In this recipe, I have used fresh blueberries even it is not necessary to use fresh ones. Frozen blueberries are also perfect for this kind of recipe.
EASY Lemon & Blueberry Bread
For the batter you will need:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 75 g butter (Melted)
- 3/4 cup sugar (Or less)
- 2 eggs (Room temperature)
- 125 ml whole milk
- 1 tspn baking powder (7g)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Optional)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (Frozen blueberries are also perfect for this recipe)
Lemon glaze icing
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix well the wet ingredients: eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, milk, and lemon juice and zest.
- Then add the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is just combined. Do not overmix it.
- Toss the blueberries with one tablespoon of flour. Then gently start folding them in.Tossing the blueberries is a necessary step since it helps to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- Grease a loaf pan using butter or oil spray and transfer the mixture to it.Bake in a preheated at 170°C for around 40 minutes. You can check the cooking by inserting a toothpick. When it comes out clean, the bread is perfectly cooked.
- When the bread is cooked, let it rest for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool in a wire rack.
- It is pretty simple to make a lemon glaze. All you will need to do is mixing well the lemon juice and the powdered sugar, either manually using a fork or in a blender to speed up the process.You will get a smooth white mixture that is ready to use.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm bread and let it cool completely.
Serve lemon blueberry bread !
I serve it quite often with some lemon slices to get more freshness.
This bread is pretty customizable, feel free to change the ingredients to have new combinations and flavors. If you are an orange lover, consider replacing the lemon juice with orange juice and zest.
One of the combinations I like is orange and almonds or cranberries. Poppy seeds pairs also perfectly with lemon flavor, don’t be shy and give it a try.
Enjoy my dears!
More easy recipes
If you love easy and tasty Moroccan and Meditarian food and you are looking for new recipes, consider trying the following ideas: