Zucchini fritters or Zucchini pancakes
The zucchini and me is a true love story, I always have some at home, they are healthy, delicious, and low calorie.
The last savory pancakes I have prepared are potato pancakes. These zucchini pancakes are similar to them but with less carbs.
Prepare a DELICIOUS Zucchini pancakes
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fine oat flakes
- 1/4 grated parmesan
- 1/4 grated mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- olive oil for cooking
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Clean the zucchini and dry it using a kitchen towel.
- Grate your zucchini and let them drain in a colander with a little salt.
- Wring your grated zucchini in your hand or using a clean kitchen towel to exctract the maximum amount of its juice.
- Put the grated and drained zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, cheese and oat flakes
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients gently
- You can also add a bit of red pepper flakes to add more spiciness
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat a bit before cooking
- Add zucchini fritters using a tablespoon, next flatten it using a spatula.
- You can bake several pancakes at the same time, just make sure they don’t touch.
- Cook the fritters from both sides for about 5 minutes until beautifully golden.
Dress up your chicken curry rice bowl
Dress up your zucchini pancakes by placing the fritters on top of each others, then top them with any sauce you prefer. It is best served with sour cream.
I have accompanied my zucchini pancakes only with fresh lemon, I love the flavor this mix gives.
Unleash your creativity to create new versions of this amazing zucchini pancakes recipe by adding other ingredients you like. Feel free to replace olive oil by coconut oil or oat by corn flour for a gluten-free version . The limit is the sky in cuisine.
If you like this recipe, consider trying the following ideas: