Prepare a delicious lemon panna cotta
In this panna cotta recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 50cl fresh heavy cream (I do prefer a light version I use a 12% fat)
- 3 table spoons of sugar
- 3 leaves of gelatine or 2g of agar agar
- Zest and juice of a 1 lemon
- 3 drops of lemon extract (optional)
- Red fruits sauce for topping
- Red fruits for decoration
- In a bowl put some cold water and soak the gelatine leaves and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large pan, gently heat the cream, sugar and lemon zest and juice, keep whisking well until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the mix is boiling, turn off the heat.
- Take the softened gelatine leaves and squeeze off water, add the gelatine and stir with the whisk into the hot cream.
- Leave until the mixture becomes warm, then carefully put the pannacotta in some ramekins or jam jars based on your preferences. For this post I have used ramekins
- Cover the ramekins with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Recipe note: to easily unmold the panna cotta, rinse the ramekins with cold water and add the panna cotta mixture.
Dress up your lemon panna cotta!
For serving this magical italian dessert, you can top it using any of your favorate sauces: berries sauce, chocolat or caramel sauce… But still my favorite topping is the red fruits sauce.
In the serving dish put 2 teaspoons of the coulis, place the panna cotta (pay attention while unmolding it) on top of it, then sprinkle with red fruits and mint leaves.
Panna cotta is one of my favorate dessert, you will find different version of it in this blog
Panna cotta looks so yummy and so beautiful whatever the method you use to present it, In this article I have presented it in glasses. This time I have used a new presentation.
How do you find it?
Do you love ITALIAN recipes
If you love italian food as I do, consider trying the following recipes: