Click here to pin this mango panna cotta recipe for later.
You are now sure I am a big fan of panna cotta. Every time I prepare it, I do thank Italians for inventing such a mesmerizing dessert
I have shared with here in the blog the classic Italian Panna cotta and also the lemon one if you are a lemon lover. I am sharing with you in this guide how to prepare a mango Panna Cotta, a pure delight.
More Italian recipes can be found here!
What is a Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta is a popular chilled Italian dessert. The name “Panna cotta” litterally means “Cooked cream” as it is traditionnaly made with gelatin-thickened dairy products.
This dessert is easy to prepare and to adapt to your diet, it is a must have to add to you desserts repertoire. You can prepare it with or without sugar, with gluten-free products, as you can also make a vegan panna cotta using coconut cream and agar agar.
The flavors and toppings for this great dessert are endless. The flavors can varry from vanilla, coffee, to lemon. For topping, any season fruits are welcomed.
This time, you will discover how to make panna cotta with mango gelee.
Prepare a delicious Mango Panna Cotta
MANGO PANNA COTTA
- 500 ml fresh heavy cream
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 leaves gelatine (or 2g of agar agar)
- 1 vanilla pod (Or vanilla extract)
- 2 medium mangos
- 2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Fresh mint leaves for decoration
Prepare the panna cotta
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water and set aside for 10 minutes. Note: In case you are using the agar agar powder, mix it well with 3 tablespoons of the cream, then add it to the mixture before heating it.
- In a large pan, pour the cream, sugar, and vanilla. If you are using a vanilla pod, open it from one side using a knife and try to extract all its seeds. Then add both the seeds and the pod to the cream.
- Gently heat the mixture, keep whisking well to dissolve sugar.
- Once the mix is boiling, turn off the heat. Take the softened gelatine leaves and squeeze off the water. Then add the gelatine and stir with the whisk into the hot cream.
- Remove the vanilla pod, leave until the mixture becomes warm, then carefully put the pannacotta in some ramekins, glasses or jam jars based on your preferences. Cover the ramekins or the glasses with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Prepare the mango gelee
- Peel the mango and blend it until you get a very smooth puree.
- Add the mango puree to a small saucepan, add sugar or any sweetener of choice, add the corn starch and mix well to not have bubbles.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat while whisking until the mixture boils. Then remove it from heat.
Dress up your mango panna cotta!
When the mango gelee is cool enough, pour it on top of the cooled and set panna cotta. Decorate it using some beautiful fresh mint leaves.
You can serve it immediately or let it cool more in the fridge.
Enjoy my dears! ❤️
As you may know, panna cotta is one of my favorate dessert thanks to its taste and to the fact that it is the most easiest dessert you can make.
I will be happy if you tried this recipe, let me know how do you find it. You can add a comment below or use the hashtag #megounista in Instagram or Facebook.
Do you love ITALIAN recipes
If you love italian food as I do, consider trying the following recipes: