Click here to save this Moroccan salad recipe for later.
The only secure thing, in this period, is that we need to be more resilient and strong by adopting new healthful habits and routines.
Having healthy and immune-boosting food on our menu is something we still can manage. In this article, I will share with you a truly basic, easy, and immune boosting Moroccan salad
More Moroccan recipes can be found here!
Smocked tomatoes and pepper salad: An authentic Moroccan salad
The Moroccan tomato and roasted pepper salad is a great delight in spring and summer days. Moroccans serve it as a side dish to accompany Moroccan tagines and grilled foods.
A pretty traditional Moroccan salad made with tomato, roasted pepper, onion, and parsley.
As you see now, this is a basic salad that we can make using cheap ingredients. But It is also extremely rich in fibers, immune-boosting nutrients, and is additionally an excellent source of Vitamin C.
So! Enjoy this truly easy creation!
Prepare a DELICIOUS Moroccan salad as locals do
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper based on preferences
- Olive oil or Argan oil
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice
- Start by rinsing tomatoes and pepper. Dry them very well using a kitchen towel.
- Grill the green pepper in the oven or using an electric barbecue. For more smokiness, consider roasting it on charcoal.
- Once the pepper is ready, set it aside inside of a plastic bag for about 5 minutes. This helps remove the grilled skin easily.
- Seed tomatoes and chop them in 1/2 cm cubes.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Using a knife, remove the skin from the pepper. Cut it in half, then remove the seeds and chop it in 1/2 cm cubes.
- In a large bowl, put tomatoes, pepper, and onion without mixing. Make sure to put the onion on top of other ingredients.
- Let it in the fridge until ready for serving.
Dress up your Moroccan salad
When ready to serve the salad, add cumin, salt, pepper and lemon juice or vinegar. Then, add olive oil and combine all the ingredients.
Sprinkle the mix with a tablespoon of fresh parsley, and serve the salad in small bowls.
Make sure to serve the it immediately, as it becomes quite watery and it loses its fabulous taste.
Now I will let you enjoy this authentic delight
As usual, I share with you here some secrets that will help you prepare a successful Moroccan tomato and roasted pepper salad:
- Always make sure to use ripe tomatoes.
- In case the tomatoes you have are not ripe, the salad will be very acid. To balance its acidity, you can add a bit of honey or brown sugar before serving.
- If you want to keep it longer in the fridge, do not add salt, onion, and vinegar.
- Finally, this salad is much more tasty with Argan oil. If you can afford it, I strongly recommend using it instead of olive oil.
Do you love Moroccan food?
If you are a Moroccan cuisine lover like me, you will love the following recipes: